Wednesday, August 01, 2012








Chris, my beekeeping partner/mentor wrote: "Here are some photos of the bee hive in the ceiling a farm house that I told you about the other day. After figuring out where the bees were inside the house using a stethoscope, I scored the plaster with a small grind wheel then cut out the lath with my sawzall. So, after I took the 3rd photo I cut the comb out dripping with honey and it dropped to the floor (covered previously with plastic). By that time my gloves were too coated with honey to take any more photos but it was a real mess. Now the space in the ceiling has been cleaned up as has the floor and the entrance sealed. The owner has learned a valuable lesson. Last year when he had a bee hive that I removed in an easily accessible notch in the house siding I told him to seal up the entrance and clean out all the comb. He didn't do that resulting in the mess you see here after a second swarm of bees discovered the house this year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home